Hey, chili lovers this recipe is for you! I simply love this mixture because it is absolutely delicious and hot. I blame my grandmother for hooking me on chili and spicy food. She was a chili fanatic and she passed on her passion on me. When i was a little boy she used to make me eat a bit of a chili pepper for lunch because she knew how nutritious and healthy it was. Since than i got completely hooked on spicy and hot food.
I can now categorize myself as a person who prefers more salty and spicy food over sweet and candy and it is all because of my grandmother. With this particular recipe i am trying to convince you to join the chili club. It is huge i know, but there is still plenty of room for new people. Not only it’s a very easy to make recipe it is also absolutely delicious. Try it out!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons chopped jalapeno chili peppers
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can un-drained chili beans
- Get a large saucepan and on a medium heat combine onion, ground beef and bell peppers. Cook for 5 minutes until the beef is browned. Drain the excess fat.
- Now, add the chili powder, bay leaf, cumin, chili peppers, tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil and reduce the heat to low. Stir for 1/2 hours occasionally. Stir in the beans and heat through.