Very traditional dish made out of scrambled eggs. At first look you’ll think oh, this is basic omelet nothing special, but if you try it, surprise, surprise! It tastes amazing. In Spain they put potatoes in scrambled eggs and when I recently visited Barcelona I tried this recipe once again. It made me remember why I fall in love with Spanish food.
The mixture of tastes it’s well balanced and of course spicy which is why I love it even more. After this recipe you won’t think making an omelet is hard. It is all about mastering your own unique method. This mixture of flavors will give you the necessary push into the experimental world with ingredients. You will not want to make basic omelet just with scrambled eggs once again in your life. Just let go and release your creativity.
This dish is a perfect breakfast and will serve one person. Once you master it, you’ll see how easy this recipe is to make. It will only take a few minutes out of your day and you will have a perfect healthy and low on calories breakfast. It is nutritious and absolutely delicious! You should defiantly try it out!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced potatoes
- 1 large thinly sliced onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 tomatoes – peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 chopped green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Get your large frying pan and heat olive oil over medium – high heat. Now, get the potatoes and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Cook them until they become golden brown and crisp.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, stir in the onions. Stir occasionally until the onions are softened and begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs together with salt and pepper. Pour eggs into pan and stir gently to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook until eggs begin to brown on the bottom.
- Get your spatula and loosen the bottom of omelet and invert a large plate over the pan. Now, carefully turn the omelet on the plate. Slide the omelet back into the pan with the uncooked side down. Cook until eggs are set. Garnish omelet with tomato and green onion and serve warm.