There are many variations of popcorn recipes out there and each and every one of them is delicious. Although i prefer salty food and my favorite kind of popcorn is defiantly the spicy and salty one still this one is a perfect substitute for a sweet dessert. When i watch movie sometimes i like to eat sweet popcorn and i always make this recipe. It has the perfect ingredients which are vanilla and corn syrup and i absolutely adore them.
What is special about this popcorn is that is low on calories and it tastes absolutely amazing. If you are sweets junkie, start cooking this sweet popcorn more frequently, it is defiantly more nutritious and healthier than any other pudding out there. Go ahead try it out!
- 1 cup unpopped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start with preheating the oven to 150 degrees C
- Get a large pot, pour oil in it and heat it over a high heat. Add the unpopped popcorn. Now, move the pan in different directions making the popcorn pop. After every single popcorn is popped, remove it from the heat. Place it in a large baking pan and keep it warm in a preheated oven.
- Get a large saucepan and mix sugar, corn syrup, salt and butter. Cook it over a medium heat until it starts to boil. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove it from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour it over the popped popcorn. Stir popcorn until evenly coated. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from pan and put into a large bowl to cool.