It is Sunday afternoon and i am a having a dilemma about what dessert should i cook for my family. They all came to my place for a lunch and i run out of ideas for a dessert. I wanted something cool, extraordinary. Something they never tried before. As I was going through my recipes, I found this one.
I used to make it a coupe years ago and i completely forgot about it every since. It is so easy to make and yet delicious and low on calories.
The greatest part about this recipe is that these cookies look absolutely gorgeous and cute at the same time. I thought that you people might like it, especially the foodies who would like to update their Instagram account with a cool photo. They are defiantly worth the effort. I think everyone should try this recipe out at least once.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- Start with preheating the oven to 255 degrees (100 degrees C). Now, place 2 cookie sheets with foil.
- Get a large mixing bowl, and beat the egg whites, salt and cream of tartar soft peaks. Add sugar gradually as you continue to beat until whites form stiff peaks. Get a spoon and drop spoon full bolls 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy all over the prepared droppings.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours in preheated oven. They should be completely dry on the inside but do not allow them to become brown. After they are done, cool them off completely, loose the foil with spatula and store them in cool dry place for 2 minutes. That’s it! Simple as that you’ll have delicious dessert. Enjoy it!