This is very delicious side dish and it goes with different type of food. It is salty, spicy and it gives that extra flavor to everything. I love hummus and when it is made with black beans it’s even better.
It goes great with some toasted pita bread. Add more lemon juice if this hummus tastes like it needs a little extra kick.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans; drain and reserve liquid
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 10 Greek olives
- For this recipe you will need a solid food processor, because the mixing is actually the most important part.
- Start with mincing the garlic in the food processor. After that, add black beans, 2 tablespoons reserved liquid, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, tahini, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Mix until everything is smooth.
- Add additional seasoning and liquid to taste. Garnish with paprika and Greek olives.