When it comes to unique and local recipes, this soup is the absolute winner in the category. I don’t know if you heard about “dashi”?”Dashi is a basic stock used in Japanese cooking which is made by boiling dried kelp (seaweed) and dried bonito (fish). It is amazing and it tastes great.
You defiantly need to add this recipe to your nutrition plan. You can use yellow, white or red miso paste for this soup. Yellow miso is sweet and creamy, red miso is stronger and saltier.
- 2 teaspoons dashi granules
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 package silken diced tofu
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- Get a medium sauce pan and heat it over a medium heat. Now, combine dashi granules and water and bring it to boil. Reduce heat to medium, and whisk in the miso paste. Stir in tofu.
- Separate the layers of the green onions, and add them to the soup. Simmer gently for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.